The Foodservice team is excited to continue our mission of feeding hungry minds by providing meals to fuel the body to learn. Our dedicated team remains committed to excellence. The goal of our program is to provide high-quality, nutritious, healthy, tasty, and well-balanced meals to all students. Student safety remains our #1 priority.
Exciting news for the 2021-2022 school year:
- The USDA has extended the provision of free meals (breakfast and lunch) to ALL students for the 2021-2022 school year.
- The Foodservice staff is excited to return to scratch-based cooking in our school kitchens!
- We plan for the cafeteria to be open for in-person seating.
- “Second chance” breakfasts will be offered in all schools “after the bell” thanks to the purchase of 2 new Breakfast carts. (A hot breakfast is also offered daily in our cafeterias before the bell.)
- We are drafting plans for the safe return of our fresh, healthy, and colorful salad bars!
- Students will return to school this fall with the ability to once again make choices in what to have for lunch and breakfast! We will welcome back a wide variety of meal options and home-made food choices. The meal service model for the school year 2022 allows for students to choose 3(or more) of the 5 food components offered (milk, meat or meat alternative, fruit, vegetable, and grain) for lunch to build both a kid-approved and USDA approved meal! This meal service model highlights student food choice and greatly helps reduce food waste. We will no longer be required to serve Grab’n’Go style meals. *The Grab’n’Go meal model was mandated last year by the CDC and the USDA to ensure both food safety and student safety utilizing pre-packaged foods. Grab’n’Go meals are required to contain all 5 food components in the full serving. *
LUNCH ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
- You may need to re-establish an account at Sendmoneytoschool.com if you have not used your account in the past 60 days. You will need your child’s name, student ID#, and birthdate to reestablish the account. If you need help in accessing your child’s Student ID # Please contact the Foodservice Department at 978-546-1243 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cash or checks are always accepted at the register in our school cafeterias to make purchases or to fund an account. Parents may also access our online portal Sendmoneytoschool.com(SMTS) to monitor or fund their child’s lunch account. SMTS assesses a $2.85 convenience fee per monetary transaction on their web platform.
- A $25.00 Overdraft charge is applied to the student’s account for returned checks, physical and electronic. If you do not want your child to charge snacks to his/her account, please notify the food service office or log onto your child’s Sendmoneytoschool.com account and set the restrictions.
- To receive a free meal, students must select at least 3 of the 5 offered meal components. The district is only funded to provide full meals under this program. If milk is purchased without a full meal your child’s account will be billed $0.65 per 8 oz carton.
- Menus are written in accordance with USDA guidelines for public schools and are available on the drop-down tab to your right
- All snack products sold or distributed via the Afterschool Snack Program meet the Massachusetts Nutrition Standards for Competitive Foods and Beverages in Public Schools and the USDA's Smart Snacks nutritional standards.
FREE AND REDUCED MEAL APPLICATIONS:
It’s more than just a meal application. Our meal application affects many areas. As mentioned above, all students will receive free meals for the 2021-2022 school year regardless of their Free and Reduced Meals Program eligibility status under the USDA waiver.
We ask that you continue to submit your application for FREE AND REDUCED Priced Meals as this is vitally important to our district (unless you have already received a letter from the Rockport Foodservice office stating that your child(ren) have been Directly Certified for benefits through the State of Massachusetts). Our Free and Reduced Application numbers greatly impact federal and state monies that our district receives to help ensure our students receive the support they need to receive a comprehensible world-class education along with helping to support our computer network. An approved free or reduced status will ensure you receive discounts on Athletic fees, Transportation fees, and Testing fees (SAT, ACT, and AP). Please help us help our students!
You can apply for benefits at lunchapp.com or you may download the application on the link to the right. A paper copy of the application is available at your child’s school or by calling or emailing the Food Service Director.
Food Service Director
- Bag Lunch Form
- Offer vs. Serve Policy
- Send Money to School
- Elementary Payment Options
- Meal Charging Policy
- Household & Food Assistance Programs
- Apply for Meal Benefits Here!
- Application Letter and FAQ
- Application Directions
- Meal Magic POS
- "My Plate" Recipe Book
- Nutritional Reqs - Breakfast & Lunch
- Smart Snacks Nutritional Standards
- Food Safety Policy
- Wellness Policy
- Allergy Information
- Civil Rights Non-Discrimination Statement
- Lunch Application Spanish
- Instruction Spanish
- Lunch Application Mandarin
- Instructions Mandarin