Virtual Workshop for Parents/Guardians Understanding the IEP
- Virtual Workshop for Parents/Guardians Understanding the IEP
- 3/17/2021, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
BASIC RIGHTS: Understanding the IEP
A Free Virtual Workshop for Parents and Professionals
Presented by the Federation For Children With Special Needs (FCSN)
This presentation will delve into the Individual Education Program (IEP) document, its development, the breakdown of each section and understanding how the document will support a student.
- Why the IEP is Important
- Who is Eligible for an IEP
- How the IEP is Developed
- Strengths and Concerns
- IEP Sections including PLEP A&B, Annual Goals and Service Delivery Grid
- Differences between Accommodations and Modifications
- Response, Placement and Consent
- Procedural Safeguards and more!
ABOUT YOUR HOST:
The Rockport Public Schools, Department of Student Services is hosting this virtual (Zoom) informational session. In order to receive the presentation handouts, you must RSVP and pre-register for the session using the link below. Presentation handouts will be provided directly from the FCSN approximately 48 hours prior to the session.
DATE: March 17, 2021
TIME: 6:30 – 8:30 pm
RSVP: Questions about the registration can be directed to Nancy Stewart: email@example.com.
Registration Link: https://zoom.us/meeting/